Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hot Off the Workbench!

Last year I purchased some lovely ruby-in-zoisite stones.  They are quite large, over 1.5 inches in diameter and flat.  I love the raw nature of these little treasures - dark red against green, that somehow avoids giving off a christmas-theme.  Of course, I can go with the traditional way of setting a stone, or I could do something a little unusual.  Per usual, I go with the unusual.

The shape is a new thing for me.  I love asian-influenced lines and patterns, something more commonly found in beautiful fabrics or ornamental, architectural structures.  I've incorporated a few elements of that - imperfectly hand-drawn, sawn and sanded (might be time to invest in a flex-shaft).

And I normally don't like to write a lot, I'm more of a picture-person.  But I'm happy with the results, which is a fabulously HUGE pendant, meant to be worn low on the chest.  Yes, it's heavy.  Yes, it's BIG.  But you can wear it solo, or soften the look by layering other chains and small pendants.

Have a look for yourself:



1 comment: