Friday, August 14, 2009

Cut It Out!

Some productive studio time! Yay! I always love it when that happens. I made a 3.0 version of the Botanicus line- something that is simpler, daintier and easy to throw on with anything in one's wardrobe.


Oh the joy of sharp tools! I played around with the basics. Found an opportunity to use some rectangular sterling sheet scrap (say that five times really fast!) laying around. It was good to practice and hone some basic jeweler's skills- sawing, cutting and sanding. I love how simple and elegant this piece turned out. Sometimes all I really want to create is a minimal and elegant piece- not too flashy or distracting but something that's comfortable and can become a familiar, favorite piece.

This piece will become the start of a new line called Cut It Out! This will be a good personal study on negative space and creating simple, yet honest images.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment