Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hello, Goodbye, It's Been a While


(photo by m.crowley)

It's been a super long time since I've been back in my little Mission studio, working on jewelry projects, dreaming up and sweating out my ideas.  It's been a difficult couple of weeks, because I've had to say goodbye to my grandfather, who raised me from the age of four and just passed away- unexpectedly.  I think I'm able to write about this because a part of me still can't believe he's gone but another part of me wants to be sure that I never let go of some of the lessons he's taught me, nor any of the traits about him that I really admire(d).

Grandpa was the thinkiest of thinkers I'd ever known - and he was able to use BOTH his left and right brain.  He was very thorough, exacting and precise.  He had high standards.  He was a businessman and an entrepreneur.  He was a writer and wrote beautiful Chinese calligraphy.  He was a poet and a fashionista.  He enjoyed food and drink and pictures and language and travel.

So, although I am still in the process of saying goodbye to him, I will say hello to the new inspirations I have, in maintaining my memories of him and in honoring his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment